Sunday, October 11, 2009

My first 2 D animation

Hey there people,finally I have decided to start posting my stuff as I get time,Since I have taken 2d animation classes for this semester,I will be uploading my 2d stuff,What should I say about 2 d animation,well its a pain in the butt thats for sure (well atleast for me) However its a good feeling to watch the stuff that you spend so much time on and especially when it comes to life,but one thing for sure- Its all about timing,its not how good it looks (well it is but the primary thing is timing) So whats timing? In the words of an animator - Timing is the speed of an action,it gives the meaning to movement to both physical and emotional,it is something which keeps the entertainment alive,the perfect gag or the perfect movement which makes spectators laugh etc.

Here is one clip that I worked on for now and new stuff will be up soon.

Thanks for looking,

R

2 comments:

Sam said...

nice :)

I get the feeling that there is wind blowing the leaf at certain intervals. I like the timing.
Yea... 2D animation is a lot harder because of all the drawing. I guess
3D appears to be easier in that context, but again tweaking a pose takes forever, not to mention keyframing each movement in a particular way so that the computer doesn't use it's shortcut method (unless it's for a lazy animator) :D

Romit Dodhia said...

haha,I have improved now! wait for the flour sack and other assignments,2 d animation comes with alot of practice,I now know the difference between keys,breakdowns and inbetweens lol..